Keep Safe Browsing on internet and protect your computer from being infected by virus, malware or another unwanted security. Here are some of the best firefox security addons to increase your privacy and security when browsing online using firefox.
Safe Browsing addons
Web Of Trust (WOT) – WOT is one of my favorite security addons, this tools can protect our computer and will show the warning when visiting website with poor reputation. WOT reputation is powered by a global community of trustworthy users who have rated millions of websites based on theirexperience
- BlockSite - add or remove websites, you don’t want to visit ever again.
- SiteAdvisor Search – With SiteAdvisor you can search website safety reports, site ratings and community reviews from the McAfee SiteAdvisor website.
- KidZui turns Firefox into fun, kid-safe browser a nd online playground for kids 3-12 with over a million kids games, YouTube videos, and websites
- LinkExtend Safety, KidSafe, Site Tools – LinkExtend provides meta-site-ratings for computer safety, child safety, company ethics, and popularity.
- Kid Mode , Firefox for Kids – When your kids want to play online, put Firefox into Kid Mode! Protect your computer and delight your kid with a safe environment that’s filled with fun and learning. Zoodles Kid Mode makes it easy for kids 8 and under to independently play online.
- ProCon Latte – Filter web pages containing explicit content based on text on websites.
Ads Block Addons
- Adblock Plus – Removing online advertising (ex : images, a block tab for Flash and Java objects, and a list of blockable items to remove scripts and stylesheets).
- Targeted Advertising Cookie Opt-Out (TACO) – Stops behavioral advertising by over 110 different companies who quietly track you as you surf.
- Maximum AdBlock – Maximum AdBlock is a community-based Ad Blocking tool that erases Ads. You can extend its set of rules by easily blocking unwanted content. Our staff will release it to the world while you benefit from community submissions.
- Ad blocker – It blocks ads on the web pages you visit. Ads from services like Google, Yahoo or DoubleClick won’t bother you anymore. It also blocks the Google Analytics tracking script.
- BitDefender QuickScan - antivirus scanner firefox addons
- Dr.Web anti-virus link checker - Online AntiVirus scanner.
- Viral Threat Level – Adds an image to the status bar indicating the current threat level of the internet. It allows quick access to security information that you can use to help protect yourself, and links to antivirus software comparisons and security extensions.
- Fireclam – Use ClamAV to scan Firefox downloads for viruses
Password Manager and Form Filler Addons
Sxipper – Sxipper makes interacting with the Web simpler by keeping track of an unlimited number of usernames, passwords and personal information such as name, address, phone numbers, etc. Presented as you need it, Sxipper securely stores this personal data on your computer.
- iMacros for Firefox – With iMacros for Firefox, you no longer need to check the same sites every day, remembering passwords, and filling out web forms. iMacros is the only form filler that can autofill web forms that stretch over several pages. All information is stored in human-readable, plain text files that can be easily edited. Passwords are stored securely with 256-Bit AES encryption. other features on iMacros for Firefox ; Automated Download & Upload, Data Extraction, Web Scraping/Mining & Enterprise Data Mash-Ups, Web Testing, Social Scripting (Social Bookmarking).
- LastPass Password Manager – free online password manager and Form Filler.
- Autofill Forms – Autofill Forms enables you to fill out web forms with one click or a keyboard shortcut.
- RoboForm Password Manager – RoboForm is the top-rated Password Manager and Web Form Filler that completely automates password entering and form filling.
- Form History Control – An extension to View and Manage form history entries (view, edit, delete, selective clean-up, export/import)
- InFormEnter – InFormEnter adds a small, clickable icon next to every input field in a web form, from where you can select the item to be inserted – no typing required. You can configure it to display your frequently used information such as name, email, address…
- Form History Control – Adds the ability to create and edit password entries in the password manager.
- Lazarus Form Recovery – Never lose anything you type into a web form again! Lazarus securely auto-saves all forms as you type, so after a crash, server timeout, or whatever, you can go back to the form, right click, “recover form”, and breathe a sigh of relief.
Privacy And Security Addons
- Ghostery – Protect your privacy. See who’s tracking your web browsing and block them.
- BetterPrivacy – Better Privacy serves to protect against not deletable longterm cookies, a new generation of ‘Super-Cookie’, which silently conquered the internet.
- TrackerBlock – Block companies from tracking you through cookies, and delete Flash cookies they may leave behind.
- Privacy + – Privacy Plus adds a small but important feature to your browser that provides you with better privacy control.
- BrowserProtect – Today’s internet landscape include a new threat even from presumably legitimate downloads. Configuration changes (or hijacks) have gone into mainstream habits of software publishers. Do you know that ICQ, Jookz, Babylon, ZoneAlarm, Incredimail, just to name a few, override your browser setting for their own benefit?
- CookieCuller – Delete unwanted cookies
- Add & Edit Cookies+ – Cookie Editor that allows you add and edit session and saved cookies (updated)
- NoScript – The best security you can get in a web browser!, Allow active content to run only from sites you trust, and protect yourself against XSS and Clickjacking attacks.
- Stealther – If there are times you want to surf the web without leaving a trace in your local computer, then this is the right extension for you. What it does is temporarily disable the following