Expensive image graphic editor such as Adobe PhotoShop, Autodesk 3ds Max, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite is great applications for professional and advanced users. But, if you are looking a simple graphic editor software. May be Open source software is more suitable for you.
Although these Graphic Editor software is marked as freeware. The features is really complete, easy to use and friendly user interface. Check it out below list of best free image graphic editor that you can download for free.
Paint.NET is image and photo editor software designed to be used on computers. Paint.NET has many of the powerful features that expensive commercial applications have, including the ability to use layers.
Paint.NET Features :
- Simple user interface
- Support for layers
- Gradient tool
- 3D Rotate/Zoom effect
- Unlimited undo
- Special effects; blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise, and embossing
- Recolor tool
2. PhotoScape + Portable
Photoscape is a free photo editing application. These tools has many editing features but really easy to use.
Photoscape Features :
- Image Viewer
- Image Editor: resizing, brightness and color adjustment, white balance, backlight correction, frames, balloons, mosaic mode, adding text, drawing pictures, cropping, filters, red eye removal, blooming, clone stamp
- Batch editor
- Animated GIF
- Image Splitter
- Screen Capture Tools
- Color Picker
- Raw Converter
- Paper Print
- Face Search Tools (online)
GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is a piece of software for tasks such as image composition, photo retouching and image authoring. It works on many operating systems, in many languages.
- Painting tools : Brush, Pencil, Airbrush, Clone,
- Memory management
- Full alpha channel support
- Layers and channels
- Multiple Undo/Redo
- Editable text layers
- Transformation tools : rotate, scale, shear and flip
- Selection tools including rectangle, ellipse, free, fuzzy and intelligent
- Quickmask to paint a selection.
- Over 100 plug-ins already available
- Load and save animations in a convenient frame-as-layer format
- Supported bmp, gif, jpeg, mng, pcx, pdf, png, ps, psd, svg, tiff, tga, xpm, etc..
- SVG path import/export
4. JetPhoto Studio
JetPhoto Studio will enable user to organize photos by notes, keywords, time and location. The specified date or time the user took the photos will be highlighted in calendar (Month View or Week View). JetPhoto Studio provides some utilities to resize pictures and stamp watermarks in batches, generate Flash movie with photo slideshow and crop pictures for your cell phone or PDA screens.
Photobie is an application customized for photo editing. It supports multi-layer editing. Photobie’s screen-capture feature will make your life easier for preparing presentations.
6. Shock View
Shock View Image editor easily provides cute picture frames or clip arts and functions such as crop, resizing, converting, dynamic GIF, and combining several pictures etc.
- Shock View features :
- Image Editor
- Image viewer
- Compare photos
- Set Wallpaper
- Add effects
- Image convertor to gif
- Batch rename
7. Windows Live Photo Gallery 2011
Windows Live Photo Gallery is a part of Windows Live Essentials. You can import your photos from camera, organize them into albums, and edit them.
Windows Live Photo Gallery features :
- Importing photos
- Organize, edit, and share photos
- Share photos and videos online (Facebook and Flickr)
- Make photos look great