Picasa Web Albums is free image hosting and photo sharing from google, you can upload and share photo up to 1GB for free. if you have a wordpress site (self hoting) based on photoblog with limited bandwidth and web space, You can try Picasa Web Albums to host your photo and video, these ways can be used to reduce the amount of web space and bandwidth usage for your WordPress site.
To connect Picasa Web Albums to your WordPress blog, you can install picasa plugins for WordPress.
Nova Gallery plugin is useful picasa wordpress plugin enabling you to showcase your photos and other multimedia files in a beautiful and sleek interface.
The gallery allows you to showcase your Flickr/Picasa photos from groups/sets/albums/collections. The gallery also features touch-screen support and uses hardware accelerated CSS based animations.[ Download ]
1. Picasa Express x2 – Picasa WordPress Plugins
With Picasa Express x2 You can browse Picasa Web album and select image to insert or select several images to the gallery
- Use Picasa user for get albums ( username can be stored in settings )
- Show albums cover and name for get images.
- Images from album with caption or filename for selection
- Select and insert single image or banch for gallery. Enhanced
- Private Picasa albums after granting access via Google service
- WordPress MU support – sidewide activation, users, roles
- Gallery shortcodes for selected images or for get all images from Picasa album
2. PWA+PHP – Picasa WordPress Plugins
PWA+PHP is a lightweight solution for displaying your private (unlisted) and public Picasa Albums within WordPress in your language using Fancybox, Shadowbox or Lightbox. The plugin provides a guided installer that helps you generate your gdata token and set display options for your albums.
3. Easy Picasa – Picasa WordPress Plugins
This is a very simple but useful plugin, it can help with insert XHTML validated flash album, or pictures, or multiple pictures by single click. The picasa.js is a Picasa jQuery plugin, picasa.html can be run on local machine as a demo.
4. kPicasa Gallery – Picasa WordPress Plugins
This plugin displays your Picasa Web Galleries in a post or in a page simply by creating a post or a page with a special keyword. All the images are kept on the Picasa Web Gallery server.
5. Picasa Photo Embed – Picasa WordPress Plugins
A plugin that allows you to embed picasa photos into your posts with the WordPress 2.9 embedding feature. Include the url of the photo on a line of its own or between
tags and the photo will be embedded.
6. Picasa Image Express
A wordpress plugin which allows you to browse, search and insert photos from Picasa web albums into your posts and pages.
WP-Picasa adds a short code wp-picasa, where you are enabled to give a option albumid if you wish to display a specific album. Plugin does not use Jon Design’s original gallery view as album lister, but uses it’s own version. It displays 6 albums per page and uses AJAX to load views, or when pages are being changed. Best way to experience, is to try it.
8. GoldenGate – Picasa WordPress Plugins
GoldenGate is a WordPress plugin that integrates Picasa Web Albums into WordPress to make it easy to upload photos to Picasa and then feature them on your blog. PHP5 is required as a dependency of the Zend Framework. PHP extensions that are required by this plugin: ctype, dom, libxml, spl, standard
9. WP Esprit Picasa WordPress Plugins
You can use ESPR!T Picasa to add photos from google Picasa albums to your post and pages. Just click on ESPR!T Picasa photo tab icon when editing post or page, select the album and then with one click just insert the photo into your post. The photos are still being hold on Google Picasa album, the plugin just insert pure html link into the post. You can also take advantage of Lightbox effects, but you do need to install separate plugin for lightbox.
Download ESPR!T Picasa
10. altPWA – Picasa WordPress Plugins
altPWA is a plugin that will allow you to easily embed a Picasa Web Album in your pages.
11. PhotoXhibit – Picasa WordPress Plugins
This plugin uses photos from your Flickr, Picasa, and/or SmugMug accounts as well as allows you to upload and build Albums to help you build inviting Photo Galleries on and through out your site.
With picasaView you can easily view your picasaweb-albums in your blog. To achieve this, all you need to do is to insert a shorttag like
[picasaView album='ALBUMNAME'] in your content where you want your album to appear. To view all your public albums just use
13. Get Picasa Albums
Get Picasa Albums will take a given Picasa username and fetch a listing of all public albums for the given user. Thumbnails to the individual albums will be displayed in a table on the specified WordPress page. Each thumbnail is a link to the actual Picasa album hosted by Google. The user can specify the number of columns to display, so that the resulting table matches the width on the webpage. The user may also specify if random thumnails are used instead of the Picasa thumbs already specified.
Download Get Picasa Albums
14. KB Easy PicasaWeb
KB Easy PicasaWeb is the easiest, fastest, most visitor-friendly Picasa plugin for WordPress.
- Easiest: This plugin does not require you to insert funny markup into your posts–all you need is a link to a Picasa album, and the plugin does the rest.
- Fastest: The plugin uses efficient caching to keep your blog’s pageloads quick.
15. Shashin – Picasa WordPress Plugins
Shashin is a powerful WordPress plugin that enables you display Picasa images and videos anywhere in your WordPress site
16. Picasa Photos
Pick photos from picasa album and display them randomly
17. Picasa Album Uploader
Provides a button to be installed into the Google Picasa Desktop to directly upload files from Picasa as WordPress media. Once the button has been downloaded and installed in Picasa, images can be selected in Picasa and uploaded to your WordPress blog with a simple click of the button within Picasa.
18. GPicasa – Picasa WordPress Plugins
The plugin insert a icon on insert/edit page. Click on the icon you can see the picasa users, what you specified on the settings page. Entering in the user you can insert all images form an album, or browse an album and insert images individualy into post.
19. Picasa Widget
This widget allows you to show pictures from your Picasa account in your blog’s sidebar. Install the plugin and make the minimum configurations.
20. Picasa For WordPress
Give the RSS url of your Picasa album(s) to the Picasa for WordPress widget to display them in your sidebar(s).
- add slideshow widget(s) in the sidebar(s) section of your page,
- you’ll can change the width of your slideshow (the height will be automatically adjusted), the background color, the autoplay feature, if only registered users can see it, if you want to show the legend,
- internationalization of the plugin,
- XHTML conform,
- tested and working on IE6, IE7, IE8, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari.
21. Picasaedissimo – Picasa WordPress Plugins
Picasaedissimo is a plugin to display the latest or random images from a selected Picasa Webalbum RSS feed in your sidebar.